On The Watch “It’s All About Anthony Joshua vs Francis Ngannou”

Heavyweight Showdown

It has been officially announced! The former UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou (0-1) will be getting another golden opportunity at derailing yet another highly ranked opponent in former Two-Time Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua (27-3, 24 Kos) from continuing his mission at regaining the Championship Titles he lost to current IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO/Ring Magazine Unified Champion Oleksandr Usyk in year 2021.

Ngannou shut out the naysayers out when he made his professional Boxing debut last year against the “Gypsy King” WBC Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 Kos) and nearly pulled what would have been the biggest upset by giving the “Gypsy King” the toughest challenge in his last five fights. Ngannou stood his ground on the night and proved to the Boxing World that he could compete with the best of them in the Heavyweight Division, Hands Down!

This is why we are here today. After a stellar performance against Fury in a controversial loss, Turki Alalshik of Saudi Arabia’s General Entertainment Authority, has taken upon himself to bring the intrigue to life by pinning AJ vs Ngannou for “Riyadh Season”.

The trash talking has already begun from Ngannou. Much has been said about AJ’s chin and punch resistance being questionable and Francis has made it a point that he will be looking to test AJ’s chin come fight night. Although Ngannou is a novice in the Boxing World he does believe he has the right amount of power to keep AJ down for good.

That being said, Anthony is well aware of the capabilities of his opponent but does not seem threatened or bothered but rather focussed on the task at hand. Joshua reiterated that his sole purpose is to dominate the Heavyweight Division once again and regain the Championship Titles he lost regardless of who stands in his way of his quest.

Both combatants look the part and have the goods to end the night in a dramatic fashion but the question remains who will prevail victorious on the night? Tune in and be part of one of the most captivating Heavyweight Throwdown Showdown on March 8, 2024, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk”

Undisputed Heavyweight Championship

It has been officially announced! The road to Undisputed for the Heavyweight Division between Undefeated WBC Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 Kos) and Undefeated Unified Heavyweight IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO and Ring Magazine Champion Oleksandr Usyk (21-0, 14 Kos), will face off once and for all on February 17, 2024, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

This is what the boxing world has been waiting for, the first Undisputed Champion to be crowned in the 21st century. Both Champions feel destined to become the chosen one to achieve this great feat in today’s time but there can only be one true winner.

The odd makers as of today favor Tyson to come out on top due to his pure size and skill set. However, the former Undisputed Cruiserweight King and now Unified Heavyweight IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO and Ring Magazine Champion has proven time and time again that he is nothing to play with inside that squared circle. Usyk is a proven warrior who has been in there with bigger and stronger men than him and still overcame the obstacles. To Usyk, Fury is just another big mountain that he will need to climb and tear down on his way to Undisputed.

Tyson is clearly not intimidated by Usyk, but truth be told, Usyk has undoubtedly adjusted to the Heavyweight Division by the way he recorded his two convincing victories against former Two-Time Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua and broke down and knocked out Daniel Dubois in his last outing. Usyk always seems to find a way to silence all doubters making this bout that much more intriguing. Usyk is not a big talker but his work inside that squared circle speak volumes.

Tyson will have his work cut out for him but who will have the right “Game Plan” the night of February 17, 2024, in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Tyson Fury vs Francis Ngannou”

Heavyweight Showdown

Yesterday’s Queensberry Promotion/Top Rank PPV Main Event between WBC Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury (34-0-1, 24 Kos) and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Francis Ngannou in his first professional boxing crossover bout at the Boulevard Hall in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, brought the fans in attendance to their feet for the entire bout.

Judging on how this bout unraveled from the jump, it was clear that the “Gypsy King” severely underestimated his opponent of the night. Ngannou surprised the boxing world by bringing the heat and his 6-foot-4, 272-pound frame to work by beating and muscling out Fury at his own game. Fury’s usual grappling tactic was ineffective and he learned the hard way by being beaten down and dropped in the third round by a vicious counter left hook that rocked the entire venue.

Ngannou shut the naysayers out on the night by the way he performed. Ngannou showed absolutely no fear and stood his ground round by round dishing out more then he received.

Tyson felt the pressure and tried to get into his bag of tricks but none of them worked because Ngannou was not fazed whatsoever by the man standing across from him. Ngannou, for a novice, asserted himself quite well and definitely won the boxing world over by giving the “Gypsy King” his toughest challenge in his last 5 fights. Real Talk!

What Fury did have going for him inside that squared circle was his experience to weather the storm when things got too heated and the position he holds as the Heavyweight Champion of the World.

After 10 rounds of exciting action the Judges at hand scored it 96-93, 95-94 for Fury and 95-94 for Ngannou giving the split-decision to Tyson. Unbelievable!

Although this bout was an exhibition and a non-title fight, last night we all witnessed the unofficial slaying of the “Gypsy King”. That being said, due to the politics of boxing Ngannou got robbed of his victory but gained my respect and the respect of all the boxing community by proving the naysayers he can definitely rock with the best of them in the game today.

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua II”

IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO Heavyweight Rematch Challenge

Tonight’s Heavyweight Championship rematch between Undefeated Unified IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO Heavyweight Champion Oleksandr Usyk (20-0, 13 Kos) and former Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua (24-3, 22 Kos) in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, definitely lived up to the hype.

This highly anticipated bout was a continuation from their last meeting but this time Joshua, with a new trainer by his side, performed exceptionally better then his last outing. This time around AJ had a much better “game plan” and proceeded to execute it well but Usyk with his country of Ukraine at war on his mind, fought with all his people on the back of his shoulders and performed remarkably well with the added pressure.

That being said, AJ’s “game plan” was the right way to go about it in this bout but as the rounds progressed AJ seemed to divert from the plan at hand at times as Usyk proved to be just as elusive with his boxing skill on full display figuring AJ out as the rounds advanced.

AJ had some moments where he had the upper hand but neglected to capitalize and finish the job as the bigger and stronger man inside that squared circle and those critical times were key to him having that window of success.

Usyk weathered the storm and fought through the adversity and like the great technical combatant that he is managed to turn things around while never losing focus or confidence inside that squared circle.

This bout was a much closer outing then their last encounter but the deciding factors to me were the championship rounds where Usyk separated himself from AJ by being the much busier combatant in the most important rounds.

Both combatants showed fatigue in the later rounds but Usyk closed it out with pure will and effort in my eyes. After 12 full rounds of none stop action, the Judges scored it 116-112, 115-113 for Usyk and 115-113 for Joshua giving the split decision win to Oleksandr Usyk.

With this second win over AJ under his belt, Usyk retained his IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO Heavyweight Championship belts and picked up the prestigious Ring Magazine belt for good measure.

Had Anthony stuck to the original “game plan” and not gassed out, we definitely could have seen a different outcome but the superior warrior in Oleksandr Usyk prevailed and completed the task at hand.

Congratulations Oleksandr on your latest accomplishment, well done.

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua”

IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO Heavyweight Rematch Challenge

It has officially been announced, the highly anticipated Heavyweight rematch between newly crowned undefeated unified IBO/IBF/WBA/WBO Heavyweight Champion Oleksandr Usyk (19-0, 13 Kos) and former Heavyweight Champion and challenger Anthony Joshua (24-2, 22 Kos), has now been set for August 20th in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

This bout is a very important bout for both combatants but more so for the Heavyweight Division in general as the winner of this bout will most likely be looking to unify the Division with WBC/Ring Magazine Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury (32-0-1, 23 Kos).

That said, looking ahead is irrelevant at this point without first seeing the outcome of this rematch. Usyk has proven to all the naysayers that he is a legit Heavyweight worthy of the Heavyweight Crown by the way he systematically broke down Anthony round by round in their previous outing. Usyk is a very skillful combatant with the attributes to adapt to any scenario. A focussed Usyk is a difficult man to beat inside that squared circle.

That said, AJ will need to produce the right “game plan” in order to beat this version of the “War Machine” dedicated to representing his country by all means necessary. With a new trainer, Robert Garcia now running the camp, I anticipate a more aggressive, active, focussed and better prepared AJ to be ready to do whatever it takes to be victorious on August 20th in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

We already know what Usyk will be bringing into that squared circle and judging by the odds makers favoring Usyk, they too are assuming a second victory over Anthony is inevitable. It will be up to AJ to defy all odds and execute the right plan at hand to avenge his loss and recapture the missing belts from his previous conqueror.

So much at stake and so many questions, tune in on DAZN Saturday August 20th from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia to see who will reign supreme when the “Rage of the Red Sea” settles.

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Andy Ruiz Jr. vs Anthony Joshua”

World Heavyweight Championship Challenge

In a beautiful display of boxing at the open-air arena in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia, Anthony Joshua (23-1, 21 Kos) successfully regained his crown by defeating Unified IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO Heavyweight Champion of the World Andy Ruiz Jr. (33-2, 22 Kos) by unanimous decision.

A slimmed down and focussed AJ showed up tonight to silence all the naysayers who counted him out and rewrite the wrong of June 1st when he suffered his first humiliating defeat at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr. at Madison Square Garden.

From round 1 to round 12, AJ executed the “game plan” to a “T” and never wavered from it. AJ stayed long and tall, moved and jabbed his way to a unanimous decision. The Judges scored it 118-110, 118-110 and 119-109 all in favor of Anthony Joshua.

AJ boxed and maintained his composure throughout the entire bout. Andy couldn’t close the distance or administer any type of sustained offence. AJ ‘s movement was clearly frustrating Andy as the rounds wore on.

That being said, the naysayers will still have some negative things to say about AJ ‘s win but truth be told, AJ dominated Andy in such a convincing fashion that cannot be ignored by his peers.

Hate him or love him, Anthony Joshua has now regained his rightful position in the Heavyweight Division and is now a Two-Time IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO Unified Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Congratulations Anthony on a job well done. Now on to the New Year 2020!

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About Andy Ruiz Jr. vs Anthony Joshua”

World Heavyweight Championship Challenge

It has now officially been announced. The highly anticipated rematch between newly crowned Unified IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO Heavyweight Champion of the World Andy Ruiz Jr. (33-1, 22 Kos) and former Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua (22-1, 21 Kos) is set to take place in an open-air arena in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on Saturday night December 7, 2019.

In my eyes, what Andy accomplished back on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City is genuinely one of the biggest upsets in Heavyweight history. Having finally tasted the fruits of his labor and enjoying that good life, Andy is now back preparing himself to prove the naysayers wrong if they think his win over AJ was a lucky break. The instant fame and attention he’s received till this day, along with holding all them Championship Belts, is something he’s not willing to part ways with anytime soon. Ruiz is firmly stating that his hunger to succeed is still there and he wants it to last. come December 7, 2019, Andy is anticipating on still being Heavyweight Champion of the World.

That being said, Anthony is seriously looking forward to the challenge ahead and at becoming a two-time Unified Heavyweight Champion of the World. AJ understands that he badly dropped the ball back in June and is now refocused on righting the wrong and reclaiming the No 1 Spot in the Heavyweight Division. Judging by the previous outcome it may look like Andy has AJ’s number and that could well be the case, but I’m anticipating Joshua to make the proper adjustments needed to neutralize Andy’s aggressive output.

With a full camp ahead this time around, Andy is expecting to be leaner, faster and that much sharper come fight night for whatever AJ is planning on bringing to that squared circle. Personally, I feel the pressure will be on Anthony to deliver and to deliver in a convincing fashion in order to reclaim the throne that was once his.

Andy ruined AJ’s U.S. debut back in June at Madison Square Garden in New York City. It will be up to Anthony to make sure history doesn’t repeat itself in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia on Saturday night December 7, 2019, live on DAZN and Sky Sports Box Office. Tune in and witness the outcome.

Blaze

On The Watch “It’s All About George Groves vs Callum Smith”

World Boxing Super Series (WBSS)

Tonight, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at King Abdulla Sport City Arena, the long-awaited World Boxing Super Series Super Middleweight Tournament came to an end in an impressive fashion.

The No. 1 Seed in the Tournament George Groves WBA Super World Super Middleweight Champion (28-4, 20 Kos) succumbed to the gloves of the No 2 Seeded Callum Smith WBC Super Middleweight Diamond Champion (25-0, 18 Kos). The underdog in the betting circuit silenced all naysayers and non-believers on the biggest stage of his career.

Tonight, Callum’s approach vs George were executed perfectly. He fought a smart, technical fight all while using his height and range to his advantage. George fought well with some aggression but had a hard time figuring Callum out. Heavy blows were thrown from both combatants, at times with some very good exchanges but to my surprise Callum’s punches looked to sting just a little more than what Groves expected. Callum seemed relaxed and poised round by round unlike George who looked uncomfortable and desperate at times. By the seventh round, George got complacent and lost focus and got caught with a heavy left hand followed by a burst of punches that sent him down for the count.

It was a beautiful display by an underdog in Callum Smith who has now risen to the top and taken claim of the World Boxing Super Series Muhammad Ali Trophy, the WBA Super World Super Middleweight Championship, The Ring Magazine Belt and retained his WBC Diamond Super Middleweight Title.

With this trifecta of a night you have singlehandedly sky rocketed your position as the top “Dog” in the Super Middleweight Division. Real Talk!

Congratulations Champ for this historical achievement, you deserve it.

Blaze